How to upgrade Motorola Modem Firmware
Motorola modem firmware update is required to keep your modem and router bugs-free and add advanced features with new firmware. Although most Motorola modems auto updates online firmware time due to any issue modem is unable to upgrade latest firmware release and keep running on the old firmware version start making problem with the internet.
Upgrading Motorola modem firmware is an easy and fast method either using online updates or offline. Online firmware update modem downloads the firmware directly from the server and upgrades itself and if the modem failed to update online then you can use the offline firmware method. In offline firmware upgrade you need to download firmware manually from the official website as per the supported modem model number and upload it to the modem using the web interface.
Before proceeding to update Motorola firmware you need to understand why firmware updates needed and what is the benefit of using the latest firmware updates is to make your modem bugs-free. This upgrade guide will help you understand how to update firmware on Motorola cable modem sb6121 as well as Motorola Wireless router and VDSL/DSL modems.
Why do You need to update Motorola Firmware?
There are many benefits to keeping an updated modem with the latest firmware releases and making your internet problem free. Update firmware fixes most of the bugs and problem that comes due to older firmware version as well as add many new features that come with a new firmware update.
- The firmware update fixes bugs
- Add new functions and feature
- Make smooth and stable WiFi and internet connectivity.
- improve security after upgrading to the new firmware.
- Increase router performance.
You need to login to the modem to upgrade the modem firmware manually or online method so you should get login detail from the modem sticker if its default settings running. Follow the steps to upgrade Motorola cable modem firmware automatically and offline.
Update Motorola firmware Online
Updating Motorola mg7550 firmware updates is easy and faster with online updates and takes a few minutes to download and upgrade the firmware itself. Find the default login IP address printed on your modem sticker along with username and password to update firmware online.
- Connect the Motorola modem to power and make it power on if powered off.
- Use LAN cable from modem LAN port to PC/Laptop LAN port for wired connection.
- Use Wifi SSId and password to connect using Wireless.
- Open a web browser and access Motorola modem login IP 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.100.1 that depends on the modem model number.
- Use the default Motorola login username “admin” and default password “password” or “admin” and password “motorola”. If you changed the default login password use the updated password to access settings.
- After login into settings, you will redirect to the dashboard where you can find the current firmware version and software version installed.
- Go to the Advanced settings tab and then go to firmware upgrade options.
- Under firmware update settings you will get the option to check the new firmware version.
- If a new firmware version is available you will get an update found and just apply the update to upgrade the firmware version. If the modem is already updated you will router or modem up to date.
If the router unbales to fetch the latest firmware or gets an error can not connect to the server or failed to upgrade firmware online then follow the next steps to update the firmware version using manually.
How to upgrade Motorola modem firmware Manually
Motorola firmware upgrade is manually called offline firmware upgrade. Offline firmware is a manual process that needs to download the firmware file from the official support website that supports the modem model number.
How to download the latest firmware?
To upgrade the latest firmware version first you need to know the current firmware that is installed in the router currently. Login modem as follows the above steps and check the system information to know the current firmware version.
Check the Modem Model number and hardware version printed to the sticker and follow the steps to download the latest firmware version.
Visit Motorola’s official support site motorolacable.com/support and download firmware for your modem model number. Save the firmware file to the driver and follow the steps below.
After downloading the firmware file follows the next steps to upgrade the firmware to the modem.
Login to Modem using the default IP address and username and password as follow the above steps.
Go to Advanced- Management
Management- Update software
Under the update software option, you will get the upload file option.
Press choose the file button and select firmware file download on a drive.
After upload, the firmware file presses the “update software” option and wait to upload the firmware.
“Updating in process, the router will reboot upon complete upgradation”
Do not disturb the router connection and power until the router upgrade processes are complete and you get the router successful upgrade message. After finishing the firmware upgrade you can log in and check the system information to confirm if the router upgraded to the latest version.
Upgrading the Motorola mg7550 firmware update, or Motorola mb8611 firmware update or any other modem likely the same upgrade process so the steps are the same. Keep updated modem software to enable the extra features and run it problem free. Prefer method enables automatic firmware upgradation in the router so you don’t need to check it manually and whenever a new firmware version is release router can update it automatically.
- Cox Router Reset If forget Admin Password
- RCN Approved Modems Docsis 3.1 list – Ultimate Guide
- Best Cable Modem With Phone Jack | Buying Guide
- Wow Compatible Modems List in 2023