192.168.4.1 Login Router Admin Username Password
Login router with default gateway IP address 192.168.4.1 is similar to login popular default IP address 192.168.1.1. 192.168.4.1 Is C class private IP address that rarely used by any brands for the router and modem default Login IP address. However, you can use it to create a local network and manually make this your router default IP address so your network can be more secure access than a regular IP address 192.168.1.l. you required to login router, cable modem or Wireless Access point or any other managed network device using a wired or wireless connection depending on the router compatibility and interface type.
This user guide will help to access router, ADSL mode, Cable modem, Network switch, Firewall Access point or any other device configured with LAN IP 192.168.4.l. you need to login router or modem device for first-time configuration as well as update passwords and other configurations from time to time to keep secure your internet connections. There are limited router brands that are using 192.168.4 .1 as login IP such as Pronto network router, ZyXEL, and some others. You required a default login username and password to access the router with the 192.168.4.1 IP address that usually printed to the router sticker.
Default Login Username and Password
Default login username and password printed to router or modem label for the first-time configuration.
However, find the login credentials below for the 1922.214.171.124 IP address.
After Login settings detail the next steps is to a wired or wireless connection with router or network device you wish to login with 192.168.4.1.
Physical or Wireless Connection with Router
Access router settings required to connect with router either wired or wireless.
If your router supports WiFI and Wired both you have two ways to connect the router from PC, Laptop, or mobile device but if you have a wired cable modem without wifi option then you have to connect LAN cable from modem Ethernet port to PC Ethernet port.
- Connect a Straight LAN cable from router LAN port to PC /Laptop LAN port for wired connection.
- Or use WIFI SSID and password to connect through wireless without physical connections.
- Power ON Router or modem device to DC adapter as included to box accessories.
- Go to PC/Laptop LAN settings and make sure settings in DHCP mode to get the IP address from the router DHCP server.
After physical or wireless connection next step is to access the router login IP address to the web browser.
Access Router web interface with 192.168.4.1
Open a web browser and access http://192.168.4.1 IP address and wait to get the login page asking for Username password.
You will get a router login page with a username and password option to authenticate to access the router control panel.
Once you logged into the router web interface and get settings full access then you can change wireless SSID, password and setup other security features such as Mac access list, firewall, Web site block and internet parental control, and many other settings.
Change Wireless SSID Network Name and Security Key
The first and important settings for first-time configuration is to update default Wireless settings to secure the wifi network.
Go to Wireless – Wireless Basic settings
Wireless SSID- WiFI Name (create a new WiFI SSID for your home internet)
WiFI Password– WPA2-PSK/WPA-PSK
WiFi Key- Create a WiFi password.
Save settings and you will be disconnected for WiFi if using a wireless connection to login router settings.
Connect again with the new WiFI name and password that recently updated to wireless settings.
Apart from the login guide for 192.168.4.1 if you are unable to access the login IP address or your default IP address not working while access from a web browser that should be troubleshooting step to step.
Fix Login Problem with 192.168.4.1
Login IP not working or taking too long time to respond to access router login page can happen due to miss network configuration or IP address not belongs to the device. Follow steps to fix login error while trying to login router settings from web browsers.
192.168.4.1 Not Working
Default gateway IP address not working is a common and frequently coming issue if you are not sure about the basic network concept. Login IP address not accessible or site can’t be reached or may gettings DNS error or any other issue while trying to access router IP address from browser. You may follow the steps below to fix this type of issue.
- Make sure you are using a Router LAN port to connect through the LAN cable. Do not use the WAN port to access router settings you will redirect to an error.
- Check if computer, laptop LAN settings manual not configured with different IP series that do not belong to 192.168.4.0 network.
- Make sure the default IP address printed to the router sticker already not changed with a new IP address.
- Check if you are using the proper IP address format while typing to URL. EXP- 192.168.4.1 or http://192.168.4.1 is correct address but http//:192.168.4.1 , 192.168.4.l , 168.1.8080 or www.192.168.4.1 is wrong IP address format will return to error.
- If you still not the sure login IP address for the router you can find the router IP address or try resetting the router using the reset switch to restore into default mode.
- 192.168.1.0 Admin Login Router
- 192.168.254.254 Admin Login Password
- 192.168.1.1 & 192.168.l.l Admin Login Password
- How to turn wired IP Camera into Wireless camera