192.168.42.1 Admin Login Router
192.168.42.1 is a rarely used default login IP address for the router, modem, and other network devices. It is a C-class IP address used by Avaya business gateway and Hughesnet device as the default LAN IP address. The user manual to login router with 192.168.42.1 IP address is the same as the login guide 192.168.1.1 and any other IP from the 192.168.1.0 network series. If you have any Wireless router, cable modem or, other network devices that default login IP address 192.168.42.1 and looking to access the web interface then this article will help you.
Login 192.168.42 .1 also secured with the login username and password required while accessing the web interface. Although usually login username and password with IP address detail printed to router-modem sticker and also included quick setup guide while buying a new router. Home router or business gateway router the method of log in using 192.168.42.l is the same so you can follow this user manual to log in to your network device. for Hughesnet admin login details printed to Hughesnet router sticker for first time setup. Find 192.168.41.1 default login username and password combination work with most routers and brands.
Default Login Username and password
Default login settings for the modem and routers printed to router label that required for the first-time setup. If you already changed your login admin password and the user already you need the same to access settings.
Default Gateway IP – 192.168.42.1.
Get login credentials for your router, modem and follow steps to login settings.
Access Router Web interface
You need to connect the router to either wired or wireless connectivity to get access to router control panel settings from the laptop, computer, or mobile device.
- Turn on the router using a DC adapter as power rating printing to the router.
- Connect LAN cable to router/modem LAN port for wired connection and plug to PC/Laptop.
- If using wifi connection use WiFI SSID and Password to connect using wireless from mobile or laptop.
- Go to computer TCP/IPv4 and make sure LAN IP settings in DHCP mode so the router can provide an IP address from the DHCP server.
Login 192.168.42.1 to a web browser
Open a web browser and access http://192.168.42.1 and wait to load the login page.
Provide username and password as printed to your sticker for the first-time login and use administrative password if you modify already.
After success full authentication you will get a full control panel of the router where you can change wireless SSID, Password, Login Password, enable Mac access list as well as Port warding and other security feature.
Fix Login Issue with 192.168.42.1
If you are unable to access your router web interface using the default login IP address might be many different reasons. You need to follow steps to steps network misconfiguration and another network glitch to make router settings accessible.
192.168.42.1 Refused to connect
Getting’s login issue “refused to connect or site can’t reach common error while access router and there is any network configuration miss-match. Follow the checklist to fix login errors.
- Make sure the default IP address printed to the router sticker already not change with a new different IP series.
- If using the wireless connection to connect the router make sure you are connected to the same WIFI router directly.
- If using a wired LAN connection make sure the cable connected to the LAN port, not the wan port.
- Check if you are using the IP address in proper format http://192.168.41.1 correct but 192.168.42.l, 192.168.42.1 192.168.l.42 or http//192.168.42.1 wrong IP address that leads to not found error page.
- Make sure any antivirus firewall or network tools do not block an IP address to access the router page
- If still facing an issue then you can reset the router to the factory reset router.
Factory Reset Router to restore default IP Address
Making router reset will erase all configuration so your internet connection might stop work until internet settings, not setup again. The Reset method will help you to gain router access if you forget the login password or the default IP address not working.
Note: Make sure you have configuration backup file before making router to reset, so you can restore configuration to make internet configuration again.
- Locate a small reset button available in the router.
- Press and hold the reset button for 10-15 seconds and the release button.
- After the reset command execute router will automatically reboot and LED lights will turn off and Turn on again.
- This process may take 3-4 minutes until restore configuration to default so keep waiting.
- After factory reset ping 192.168.42.1 and follow the above steps to set up the router again.
- How to Login Wavlin Router -192.168.10.1
- How to Reuse old WiFi Router with Different Modes
- 192.168.254.254 Admin Login Password
- 192.168.0.254 Login Admin Password