How To Reset Xfinity Router / Modem
You searching How to reset Xfinity Router or Reset Xfinity modem means you must face any issue or connection problem with your Comcast Xfinity Internet connections. Xfinity is not only an internet provider but also a pack of entertainment service providers such as internet, TV, and Voice all in one connection. Before making a reset Xfinity modem it’s a good idea to try Xfinity restart modem using the power On/Off process to fix the problem without making Xfinity reset to default. There are two ways to restart Xfinity router either direct power OFF and ON from the power switch or unplug the DC adapter pin from the router or plug it again if the Xfinity router on/off button is available try power off and ON using the button to restart Xfinity modem or router.
There are two ways to reset Xfinity Router or Modem one is the Soft method and the second is a hard method. The soft method needs an Xfinity modem login using a username and password to access the admin control panel and a hard reset is a physical process that needs to press the reset button available on the router. Why do you need to reset Xfinity Modem or Xfinity Router? You forget your WiFi password, Forget the Xfinity admin login password or you probably want to update your WiFi SSID and network security key to keep secure your network.
How To Restart Xfinity Router?
Don’t get confused about how to restart Xfinity router and how to reset Xfinity router. If you facing a sudden WIFI problem you can fix it sometime just by making Xfinity modem restart using the power cycle. You can Reboot Xfinity router or modem using the power ON off option or if the power button is available just use it to restart the router.
Method 1- Power Off from Wall socket directly where router DC adapter plugged in to restart Router.
Method 2– Unplug the DC adapter pin from the DC socket and plug it in again.
Method 3– See if there is a Power ON/Off switch available on the router/modem. Press ON/Off button to restart Xfinity router.
If restarting the Xfinity router does not fix your problem and still internet or wifi connection is unstable then you can try making a factory reset Xfinity modem or router to restore into default mode.
Way to Factory Default Xfinity Router or Modem
There are two ways to Reset Xfinity Modem or Router using a login method or without login.
If you are facing connectivity issues, No internet or frequent wifi disconnection, or Xfinity wifi not working then login method is probably a more safe way for Comcast router reset without losing your configurations. While you use the login method to reset the router, you can easily download the configuration backup before making Xfinity reset.
Factory Reset Xfinity Router from Settings
Making factory reset Modem or router using login method is safe and needs login to router settings. You need to access the router control panel to factory restore Xfinity router from admin settings. Find the Xfinity Login IP address, username and password printed to the router sticker or use the admin login pass if you changed the default password to a new admin password. follow the steps below to reset Xfinity modem.
- Connect Xfinity Router/Modem to DC adapter if its not turned ON.
- Connect Mobile/Laptop or Desktop using WiFI or Wired connection from Ethernet port.
- Open the web browser and access Xfinity login IP address http://10.0.0.1 to the URL bar and wait to load page.
- Provide admin login password as printed to router sticker or use new Admin password if you have changed it already.
- Go to Troubleshooting’s- Reset/Restore gateway
- Press the “Restore factory settings” button to reset Xfinity modem using the soft reset method.
- The router will ask to confirm press OK or Yes option to reset the modem to default mode.
- After executing reset command router will reboot and take a few moments to restore into factory settings.
Note: – Before making a factory reset Xfinity router downloads the configuration backup file to avoid long downtime in internet service and you can restore the configuration after restoring the router to default mode.
If you can’t reset Xfinity router because forget your login password and the default login password not working for you then try the next hard reset method to factory reset your Xfinity cable modem.
Hard Reset Xfinity router using Reset Switch
The reset switch or Hard reset option may be different for each Xfinity modem, Router, or gateway device depending on model number and brand. Hard reset is a quick and fast method to access the router if forget the login password, WiFI password, or are unable to connect to the router using WiFI or Wired. Follow the steps to reset the Xfinity cable modem or Cox modem as given below.
- Connect the Xfinity router to the power adapter and wait until it turns on properly.
- Locate a small reset button or pinhole for the reset switch depending on the Model number.
- Use a needle for the pinhole and press directly if reset button.
- Press and hold the reset button for 10 seconds and then release the button.
- Xfinity router will restart automatically and takes a few minutes to restore into factory settings.
- Connect again using the Default WIFI name and access the default IP address and password from the browser to access router settings.
After factory reset Xfinity if you have saved the configuration file, just log in and restore the configuration file to auto-configure again. After restoring the configuration, your internet will start working and you can change WiFI SSID and security key again from Wireless settings.
- How To Reset Altice One Box to Fix problem?
- How to Fix Verizon Router Red Globe Error
- Roku Keeps Restarting How To Fix Within Few Steps?
- How To Reset Talktalk Router Using Reset button and from Settings
- Cox Router Login and Setup Guide