How to Reset Spectrum Router User Guide
Spectrum router and modem used in Spectrum internet connection connected to end-user. Although spectrum router login and setup bit simple with spectrum support steps and usually very easy to activate spectrum internet once get subscriber account details. Probably you need to access the router to manage your wireless and other settings from time to time to keep secure your network. You suppose to forget the login password or Spectrum router performing as well-performing during installation or maybe getting’s a frequent issue or other problem. To fix this kind of problem is just simply factory reset the Spectrum router and setup again with settings.
There are two ways to reset spectrum router either using software or hard reset from the reset button available on the router. Soft reset need to login router control panel and you get the option to the backup configuration before making reset but hard reset last way to restore router if you forget login credential and locked out. If you are a Spectrum subscriber or using any spectrum router you can bookmark this spectrum router reset user guide to keep it handy.
Spectrum Router Soft Reset Steps
Making router reset useful while you facing any connection issue, wifi unstable issue, and any other problem that can fix by using the reset process. Follow steps to reset spectrum modem and router.
- Connect your router to Ethernet port from computer/laptop or use mobile or tab to connect using wireless.
- Go to Browser and access http://192.168.1.1 or use the default IP address printed to Modem/Router.
- Use “admin” for default username and password for the first time and use password if already change as modified.
- Go to the Backup & Restore option to download configuration backup before making modem reset.
- Go to the Maintenance tab from the top menu. Click on the Reset option from the submenu under the main menu.
- Factory Reset– Press the reset button to reset the spectrum gateway
- “Factory reset will restore gateway default options. You will lose all your settings”
- Once spectrum reboot modem complete, login and restore configurations again.
You can restore configuration once the router restores to default mode or activate spectrum internet with manual configuration if you didn’t backup configuration before making reset.
If you completely locked out due to forgetting login password and unable to access spectrum settings then follow the hard reset method below.
Hard Reset Spectrum Modem
Hard resetting method for spectrum as well as resetting time warner modem almost same so if you have a modem from Time Warner, charter modem reset can follow below steps to restore into default mode.
- Turn on Modem with Power adapter as a supported modem.
- Find a small reset button above Ethernet Port and WPS button as shown below image.
- Press and hold the reset button for 15 seconds and the release button.
- Modem Led will automatically turn off and turn on again because automatically rebooting after finish the reset process.
- This process may take a few minutes so ping Spectrum defaults IP address and log in again to restore configuration backup or setup manually from starting.
Before making a hard reset always try to access the router using a different username and password that can avoid a hard reset. Making hard reset method not give you the option to backup configuration and your internet stop working until it setup again as per internet settings. Apart from hard reset, you can use Spectrum recovery wizard if you forget login password or locked out before resetting from the button.
The best thing is always taking configuration backup after setup the router so in the future if your router stop working, forget your login password, or want to replace the modem with a new modem will take less time to set up your modem. Just log in new modem restore configuration and start the internet without struggling to set up and getting internet details from internet providers.
- AT&T Compatible Modems and Routers List 2021 Review
- Best Cable Modem With Phone Jack | Buying Guide
- List of Best Gaming Modem with Gigabit Speed
- The Best WiFi Range Extender Device to boost Signal