Netgear Ac1200 Wifi Range Extender Setup
Netgear AC1200 Dual-band wireless range extender to boost Wireless range and speed when your internet plan is more than 100mbps. If your existing internet wifi router dual-band and facing range and speed issues in some locations then you should use a Netgear AC1200 range extender instead of setup a single band extender. Netgear ac1200 extender setup required to connect the range extender to an existing wifi network so you can get boost single range and internet speed. You use the WPS button or login method for Netgear wifi extender ac1200 setup.
However, if you have no computer for wired connection then you can use the WPS method as well as wireless connection from mobile to Netgear ac1200 setup and boost Wifi range within a few minutes. Netgear Dual-band WiFi repeater compatible with any brand wireless router so If you are using the main wifi router from different brands such as D-Link, Cisco, TP-link, Arris, and any other will supported range extender. WPS setup method is a quick way to connect the extender device to your old wifi network without a login range extender web interface. So you should try setup Netgear AC1200 using the WPS button and if your host WiFI router supports the WPS method then the extender device will connect.
Netgear Ac1200 Setup Using WPS Button
WPS setup method is an easy and faster way to set up Range extender device without using a login IP address and username and password. WPS button only will connect Netgear extender to host wifi network if host Wireless router supports WPS option and it should be enabled from settings. Although if your router latest 11ac dual-band wireless then it must support the WPS method. Follow the steps to Netgear ac1200 installation using the WPS method.
- Unbox your Netgear EX6120 Setup AC1200 extender and plugged to a power socket near the Host router.
- Locate a WPS button beside the extender.
- Press the WPS button on the side range extender LED light blinks.
- Within two minutes press the WPS button on the router or access point.
- WPS LED light will solid green on range extender when extender connects to an existing router.
- If your main router support 5GHz and want to connect the range extender to the 5Ghz band then the repeater the WPS connection method again to connect with 5Ghz.
- After a successful connection with the range extender, you will get two new SSID networks by adding e_2GEXT and e_5GEXT with your Existing wifi network.
- EXP- if your old wifi SSID is Netgear then your extender SSID will Netgeare_2GEXT and NEtgeare_5GEXT.
- After complete ac1200 Netgear setup unplugged repeater and find a perfect centralized location from where the extender can get proper signal from the host router and can provide a range to the dark area.
If your Netgear ac1200 extender not connecting using the WPS button or failed to connect with the existing wifi network then you can follow the second method using login settings.
Netgear Ac1200 Wifi Range Extender Setup From Browser
Setup range extender using settings you need to connect extender either using wired or wireless to access the web interface. Follow the steps to set up a range extender from a web browser.
- Plug range extender to a wall socket near existing access point or Router.
- Use default SSID NETGEAR_EXT to connect from mobile, tablet, or laptop using wifi.
- Use a LAN cable from a range extender Ethernet port to use a wired connection with the computer
- Open a web browser and access https://www.mywifiext.net/ or use the default IP address as printed to sticker.
- You will get the first page asking for an information email address, country, name, and other details. Complete the field and press the next button.
- In the next options choose the WiFi Range Extender button to setup as signal booster mode.
- An extender will scan for the network and give you the list of all wifi running nearby.
- Choose the network band from 5Ghz or 2Ghz which you want to use for extended.
- Provide the wifi password of the existing wifi network you use to connect the old SSID network and press the Next button.
- Create SSID name for Extended network or you can keep default as created auto.
- Press the Next button to finish the setup wizard. The range extender will take a few minutes to reboot and connect your existing network.
- Go to WiFi on mobile or laptop and see extended network SSID should broadcast with 100% signal range. Connect and check the internet should work.
Range Extender Placement
Once the repeater device configured with your old network now unplug and pick the optimal centralized location where you can install the extender device without dropping performance and internet speed.
Install range extender to a centralized location from host WiFi router or Access point can feasible and the signal can reach properly to the range extender. While finding location make sure the dark area should get proper signal strength of booster device without dropping internet speed.
Netgear Ac1200 Wifi Range Extender Not Working
If your Netgear AC1200 extender not working or not connecting to your existing WiFi router using WPS or method login then you may follow the below steps to fix the issue.
- IF the WPS method not connecting to your router make sure you host the router to support the WPS button and it’s enabled from settings.
- If the internet not working make sure you are providing the Existing wifi network correct password to the extender device while setup from the browser.
- If-Range extender working near the router but when relocating internet not working then make sure
Range extender device getting at least 50% signal from the host router. To find an optimal location where the repeater device can get the proper signal.
- Wavlink ac1200 Dual Band Range Extender Setup [WN575A3]
- How to Reuse old WiFi Router with Different Modes
- Netgear Range Extender Factory Default
- Setup Victony WiFi Extender to Boost Signal Range