Loom WiFi Extender Setup Guide
Loom WiFi extender setup instructions are required to connect the Loom signal booster to your existing wifi networks. Setup Loop wifi signal booster first time with a different brand wifi router is simple and got two ways to connect the Loop booster to a Wi-Fi network. Loop WiFI extender devices are also called by different names such as Loop wifi booster, Loop signal booster, Loom WIFI repeater or Loop wifi signal amplifier device.
Loom Wifi Extender signal booster setup lets you turn your weak range wifi network into high power signal network so you don’t get slow speed in any location. Loom N300 range extender support 2.4Ghz so you can only connect with a 2.4ghz WiFi router. Although dual-band wifi router support 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz so you can connect the Loom range extender with the single band as well as a dual-band router.
Loom wifi repeater has 2 physical Omni directional antenna and 1 Ethernet port to turn the Repeater device into an access point. Loom gives your steps configuration using the WPS method as well as if WPS does not work just used the second method to set up the Loop repeater using login. If you already get a Loop repeater device just unbox it and if you planning to buy then you can also use this article as a Loom wifi extender review to pick the best wifi booster for your home. Follow the steps to connect Loom wifi extender to boost the wifi range in a no-coverage area without connecting a physical wire.
Setup Loom WiFi signal booster with WPS button
The WPS button is the best and quick way you connect the repeater device to the existing Wifi network without login into settings. The WPS method does not require any wifi password to connect from the extender device so it’s a faster method to setup the Loom extender device. Follow the steps to connect the repeater using the WPS button.
- Unbox the extender device and plug it into the power socket near the WIFI router for configurations.
- Go to your main internet router and locate the WPS button on the router.
- Press the Router WPS button for 2 seconds and release it.
- Within 2-minute go to the Loom extender device and press the WPS button for 2 seconds.
- Wait a few seconds until the extender device connects to the old wifi network and you can see the WIFI led light will start glowing after a successful connection with the router.
- You will get a new SSID showing for the Extender signal “home-WIFI_EXT” or something like this for the extended network name.
- Use an old wifi password to connect the extender device and check if the internet working with the extender signals.
- Unplug the repeater device and place it in the location you facing wifi range problems.
Best Placement of Range Extender
If the Loom extender not connecting with the WPS button then you can use the second method using the Login Loom settings from a web browser. To use the login method you need an existing WIFI password to connect from the repeater device. You also need Loom default login IP address along with username and password to access settings to configurations.
Login and Setup Loom Range Extender
The login method to configure the Loom wifi extender bit of time taking process but if you are unable to connect with the WPS button this way surely useful for you. Default login settings are available on the device sticker as well as a quick setup guide included with a device with complete instructions to connect Repeater.
How to Find Your Router IP Address
- Unbox the Loom repeater and connect it to the Power socket.
- Use a LAN cable from the repeater LAN port to the computer for a wired connection.
- Connect Loom default WIFI network from a Laptop or mobile to use Wireless connections.
- Open the web browser and access http://192.168.10.1 or only 192.168.10.1 to URL bar.
- You will get a Loom login page asking for a password and choosing a country.
- Use “admin” as the default username and password to access repeater settings.
- After login, you will get an extender dashboard where you can see all wireless modes
- Click on Repeater mode and wait until the device scanning for wifi network running.
- You will get all wifi names running nearby. Select the wifi network name that you want to connect from the Loom booster device.
- After selecting the network you will ask for the WiFI password of the old wifi network.
- Provide a wifi password and change the Extended wifi SSID if you do not want to change the Default Extender name.
- Save settings and wait until the repeater device reboots and settings are applied.
- Go to mobile or laptop wifi and check if you will get the Extender network name.
- Use the same wifi password as the old wifi network to connect the extender device.
Unplug the extender device and place it in the location facing the signal issue and not getting the proper wifi signal of the main wifi router. Avoid using range extender devices inside any box or covered area where the signal can stuck or feasibility with the main router is not proper.
Apart from installation of the loom repeater device if you are unable to connect or can not access the login page with the default IP address or trying to setup an old Loom repeater with a different network this need to reset the loom device to fix the problem.
How to factory Reset Loom Signal Booster?
Making a factory reset will remove all configurations and need to setup again. If your range extender is already configured with any wifi network and wants to restore factory settings you may lose connection with the existing configured network and need to setup again.
- Connect the Loom booster to the Power socket and Power on it.
- Press the WPS button for 10 seconds and release.
- The Loom repeater will automatically restart after the resetting process is done.
- This process takes a few minutes to restore default settings.
- After the reset process is finished follow the above steps to configure the Loom repeater again.
This method also works for Loom N300 and other model numbers, as well as any different brands, or range extender devices.
- WiFi Repeater Vs Range Extender?
- How to Configure WiFi Blast Range Extender
- NetTec Boost Range Extender Setup
- Setup Amped Wireless Range Extender to Boost Range