Linksys Re6300 Setup To Boost Wifi Signal Range
Linksys RE6300 AC750 Range extender is a dual band wifi signal booster up to a combined wifi speed of 750Mbps with a 2.4G+5Ghz band. RE6300 range extender can extend the wifi network using 2.4Ghz as well as 5Ghz band depending on your main host router type.
Linksys RE6300 WiFi repeater device is a smart way to boost wireless range in the dark spot of your home and office without lying physical cable and adding additional Wi-Fi access points. Linksys Range extender device is a wall plug socket device that can directly plug into the power socket and is easy to mount without any mounting kit or clamp.
There are two ways to setup a Linksys RE6300 signal booster device with your Link sys WiFi router as well as a Non-Linksys wifi router. The first way to connect the Linksys RE6300 range extender with the Wi-Fi router is the WPS method and the second way is the Login method if your router does not support the WPS feature.
The WPS method is a faster and easier way for Linksys re6300 setup that does not require any login credentials and wifi password for your existing wifi network. The WPS setup method takes about 2 minutes to configure your RE6300 signal booster with your existing Wi-Fi network without changing your Wi-Fi password.
How to Setup Linksys RE6300 Ac750 using the WPS method?
Connect Linksys RE6400 setup and Linksys RE6300 using the WPS method is the same so if you have RE6400 or RE6300 any extender device you can use this WPS method to set up your range extender. Follow the Linksys range extender setup instructions below.
- Unbox Linksys RE6300 Extender device if first-time installation.
- Plug into the power wall socket near the WiFi router that you want to connect.
- Press the WPS button in the WiFi router for 2 seconds and within 2 minutes go to the range extender device and press the WPS button beside the location.
- If the Extender device LED light turns solid green means the repeater device is successfully connected with the host router.
- You can scan in phone or laptop for an extender SSID name and password will be the same as your Existing Wi-Fi network.
- If the Linksys extender blinks orange (amber) light it means the connection is not successful and you need to attempt again.
- Unplug the extender device and place a proper place where it can be feasible from the main router and get at least 50% of signals.
If your router does not support the WPS feature and can not connect using the WPS method then follow the next method using the login method that needs connection with the extender device.
Linksys re6300 Range Extender setup from settings
Setup Linksys wifi repeater from settings can be possible with an Ethernet connection as well as a Wi-Fi connection. You can use a 2.4 GHz as well as a 5 GHz network to extend your network depending on your main router type.
- Plug the Extender device into the power socket and wait until greed Led solid.
- Go to wifi in mobile /laptop and connect SSID name “linksys extender setup_9394 (the last 4 digit is the Mac address of the device)
- Open the web browser and access http://extender.linksys.com/ or “192.168.1.1”
- The default login password is “admin” for first-time setup. You will get the setup wizard start page.
- Press the start button to scan for the network. You will get a list of all wifi networks running nearby. If scanning does not start automatically just go to the “site survey” option and scan the network.
- Select your Wi-Fi SSID name from the list you want to extend the range.
- Select and press the next button and provide your existing Wi-Fi password to connect from the Extender device.
- In the next steps, you will be asked to set the Extender network SSID if you want to use a different name for the repeater network name.
- After changing the extender network finish the setup wizard and wait until the configuration is done.
- You will get a Linksys Extender LED light that will be solid green if the connection is successful with your existing Wi-Fi network.
- You will get a new extender SSID name “MYWIFI_EXT” if your old Wi-Fi SSID name is MYWFI.
After configuring of Extender device find the best place to install your extender device where it can fix signal problems in your dark spot area as well as get a good signal.
You can use the Extender device LED light status to understand if the connection with the router is weak or strong.
Linksys Extender LED indication color status
LED light color indication shows the status of the connection quality of the range extender with the Wi-Fi router. You can easily understand the connection quality of your extender device with your existing Wi-Fi network so you can make it stronger.
Solid Green color– if your extender device is LED solid green it means your extender device is properly connected to a Wi-Fi router and ready to use.
Solid Amber– The Solid Amber color means the extender is connected to a weak signal and needs to be relocated to find more signal.
Blinking Amber- Blinking Amber LED light means the extender device is not connected to the Wi-Fi router and either a weak signal or the configuration is not done properly. Find a closer place where the extender can get the signal easily or if already near then configure it again.
You can fully factory reset the Linksys extender device if you facing any issues while trying to setup with your Wi-Fi router or if already configured with a different Wi-Fi network.
- Best WiFi Router for Long Range
- Why Is Att Internet So Slow? [SOLVED]
- AT&&T Compatible Modems and Routers List 2023 Review
- WPS Button On Arris Router | How to Use?